|NKR CEC PRESS CENTRE
||[May. 23rd, 2010|11:16 pm]
Nagorno Karabakh Republic
According to NKR CEC regular interim report issued by CEC Secretary Raya Nazaryan at CEC Press Centre by 17 o’clock 56.228 voters or 59% out of 95.303 eligible voters have already participated in the national voting for parliamentary elections. It has also been noted that some cases of violations have been registered due to some inaccuracies revealed in the list of voters, as well as some violations connected with election propaganda which have been examined and eliminated by regional, territorial and Central Electoral Commissions.
It should be reminded that in pursuance of conducting NKR NA elections 273 precincts were formed, including one in Yerevan in the building of NKR Permanent Representation in the Republic of Armenia. According to the electoral lists more than 95 303 eligible citizens participate in voting.
NKR NA elections are held by proportional and majoritarian systems. 4 political parties – “Free Motherland”, Artsakh Democratic Party, Armenian Revolutionary Federation and NKR Communist Party vie for 17 mandates provided by proportional system. Party-lists totally present 82 deputy candidates. 40 candidates are vying for 16 seats by majoritarian system.
NKR NA Assembly elections are observed by about 120 international observers from 15 countries – Armenia, Slovakia, Russia, Czeck Republic, the USA, Canada, South Ossetia, France, Argentine, Iran, Germany, Abkhazia, Holland, Denmark and the Transdniestrian Moldovan Republic as well as by 22 local observers. The elections are covered by 60 local and international mass media representatives.
NKR CEC PRESS CENTRE
List of Elections Held in NKR
1. Referendum on Independence of NKR-10.12. 1991
2. NKR 1st convocation Supreme Soviet deputy elections - 28.12.1991, majority principle
3. NKR Presidential elections - 21.12.1994, by SS resolution.
4. NKR National Assembly elections - 30.04.1995, majority principle
5. NKR national presidential elections - 24.11.1996
6. NKR national off-year presidential elections - 01.09.1997
7. The first NKR elections to the local self-government bodies - 27.09.1998
8. NKR National Assembly elections - 18.06.2000Ã., majority system
9. 2nd NKR elections to the local self-government bodies - 05.09.2001
10. NKR national presidential elections - 11.08.2002
11. 3rd NKR elections to the local self-government bodies - 08.08.2004
12. NKR National Assembly elections - 19.06.2005, majority and proportional
13. Referendum on Constitution - 10.12.2006
14. NKR Presidential elections - 19.07.2007
15. 4th NKR elections to the local self-government bodies - 14.10.2007
16. NKR National Assembly elections - 23.05.2010, Majority and proportional system